Location: Farmingdale, NY
Reports to: Executive VP, Oncology
Headquartered in Farmingdale, NY, Codagenix Inc. is a clinical-stage synthetic biology company that uses software to recode the genomes of viruses, constructing live-attenuated vaccines or viruses to prevent viral infections or treat solid tumors. Codagenix’s recoded vaccine candidates are a perfect antigenic match to the target virus and induce a robust immune response to all viral antigens. Our nimble platform allows us to turn a virus into a potential oncolytic immuno-oncology therapies.
The growing immuno-oncology group at Codagenix is seeking an innovative and highly motivated laboratory-based postdoctoral scientist to support preclinical development of oncolytic virus candidates for various cancers.
In this high-impact role, you will contribute to mechanism of action studies supporting preclinical-to-clinical translation of a lead oncolytic virus and support development of novel virus candidates. Reporting directly to the EVP, Oncology, you will be responsible for generating high-quality data packages and contribute to regulatory documents. We are looking for a proactive, resourceful, and goal-oriented team member with a translational mindset and a do-what-it-takes attitude, who is able to work effectively both independently and as part of a matrixed project team.
- Characterization of pharmacodynamic changes in the tumor microenvironment in response to oncolytic virus therapy.
- Establish primary human immune cell assays and co-culture systems to interrogate immunomodulatory effects of oncolytic viruses.
- Systematic assessment of combination partners based on mechanistic rationale in vitro and in vivo.
- PhD in immune-oncology, immunology, biology or related field with 2-4 years of postdoctoral training in either of those disciplines.
- Hands-on experience conducting research to functional characterize various immune cell populations in vitro and in vivo including using flow cytometry, cytokine quantification methods, and transcriptomic readouts.
- Exposure to basic virologic assay setups, including virus infection and titration in vitro.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and analyze experiments.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, and implement creative solutions to meet program needs in a faced environment.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific content in a concise manner.
- 1-3 years of industry experience is preferred.
- Extensive prior experience with culture of a wide range of immune cell types, incl. lymphocytes and multiple myeloid cell types.
- Hands-on experience with isolation, phenotypical and functional characterization of human tumor-infiltrating leukocytes and/or 3D culture systems is a plus.
- High degree of independence, proactivity, and a strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
Please email CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Note: Candidates for this position must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and Codagenix will not sponsor applicants for work visas. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Codagenix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.