Location: Farmingdale, NY
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Codagenix Inc. is a clinical-stage synthetic biology company that uses software to recode the genomes of viruses, constructing live-attenuated vaccines or viruses to prevent viral infections or treat solid tumors. Codagenix’s recoded vaccine candidates are a perfect antigenic match to the target virus and induce a robust immune response to all viral antigens. Our nimble platform allows us to turn a virus into a potential prophylactic vaccine.
Codagenix Inc is seeking a Laboratory Technician for a full-time, on-site position in the Research and Development laboratory. In this role, you will support the development of new vaccines against unmet clinical needs by performing essential research experiments, laboratory testing and analysis, and other laboratory support, as part of the Scientific Team.
The ideal candidate would have at least 1 year of laboratory experience in a biological laboratory (preferably in a Biosafety Level 2 lab). The ideal candidate is a proactive, resourceful, and goal-oriented team member with a do-what-it-takes attitude, who is able to work effectively both independently and as part of a matrixed project team.
- Performing routine and non-routine tests and analyses under the guidance of the Laboratory Manager, senior Scientists, and the Chief Scientific Officer
- Providing senior Scientists support in experiments involving techniques such as PCR, qPCR, cell culture, molecular cloning, etc
- Utilizing equipment such as an autoclave to prepare sterile solutions, consumables, and reagents for use in experiments
- Labeling, inventorying, and aliquoting samples and reagents
- Complying with all safety guidelines strictly at all times and maintaining a clean and orderly environment
- Keeping accurate, neat and detailed records about experimental protocols and results (electronically).
- Experience in bench research, including basic research techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR and qPCR, cell culture, etc.
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment
- Comfort with statistical analyses and related software (Excel, GraphPad Prism)
- High degree of independence, proactivity, and a strong sense of personal and professional accountability
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Note: Candidates for this position must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and Codagenix will not sponsor applicants for work visas. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Codagenix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.