- A codon-pair deoptimized live-attenuated vaccine against respiratory syncytial virus is immunogenic and efficacious in non-human primates
Mueller S, Stauft CB, Kalkeri R, Fusataka K, Kushnir AS, Tasker S, Coleman JR.
- Live-attenuated H1N1 influenza vaccine candidate displays potent efficacy in mice and ferrets
Stauft CB, Yang CJ, Coleman JR, Boltz D, Chin C, Kushnir AS, Mueller S.
- Extensive recoding of dengue virus type 2 specifically reduces replication in primate cells without gain-of-function in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. PLoS ONE
Stauft CB, Shen SH, Song Y, Gorbatsevych O, Asare E, Futcher B, Mueller S, Payne A, Brecher M, Kramer L, Wimmer E.
- Vaccination of pigs with a codon-pair bias de-optimized live attenuated influenza vaccine protects from homologous challenge. Vaccine
Kaplan BS, Souza CK, Gauger PC, Stauft CB, Robert Coleman J, Mueller S, Vincent AL.
- Genetic stability of genome-scale deoptimized RNA virus vaccine candidates under selective pressure. PNAS
Le Nouën C, McCarty T, Brown M, Smith ML, Lleras R, Dolan MA, Mehedi M, Yang L, Luongo C, Liang B, Munir S, DiNapoli JM, Mueller S, Wimmer E, Collins PL, Buchholz UJ.
- Evaluation of the attenuation, immunogenicity, and efficacy of a live virus vaccine generated by codon-pair bias de-optimization of the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus, in ferrets. Vaccine
Broadbent AJ, Santos CP, Anafu A, Wimmer E, Mueller S, Subbarao K.
- Codon pair and dinucleotide bias have not been functionally distinguished. PNAS
Futcher B, Gorbatsevych O, Shen SH, Stauft CB, Song Y, Wang B, Leatherwood J, Gardin J, Yurovsky A, Mueller S, Wimmer E. Reply to Simmonds et al.:
- Large-scale recoding of an arbovirus genome to rebalance its insect versus mammalian preference. PNAS
Shen SH, Stauft CB, Gorbatsevych O, Song Y, Ward CB, Yurovsky A, Mueller S, Futcher B, Wimmer E.
- Recoding of the vesicular stomatitis virus L gene by computer-aided design provides a live, attenuated vaccine candidate. MBio
Wang B, Yang C, Tekes G, Mueller S, Paul A, Whelan SP, Wimmer E.
- Attenuation of human respiratory syncytial virus by genome-scale codon-pair deoptimization. PNAS
Le Nouën C, Brock LG, Luongo C, McCarty T, Yang L, Mehedi M, Wimmer E, Mueller S, Collins PL, Buchholz UJ, DiNapoli JM.
- Deliberate reduction of hemagglutinin and neuraminidase expression of influenza virus leads to an ultraprotective live vaccine in mice. PNAS
Yang C, Skiena S, Futcher B, Mueller S, Wimmer E.
- Identification of two functionally redundant RNA elements in the coding sequence of poliovirus using computer-generated design. PNAS
Song Y, Liu Y, Ward CB, Mueller S, Futcher B, Skiena S, Paul AV, Wimmer E.
- Production of infectious poliovirus from synthetic viral genomes. Methods Mol Biol.
Cello J, Mueller S.
- Computationally designed adeno-associated virus (AAV) Rep 78 is efficiently maintained within an adenovirus vector. PNAS
Sitaraman V, Hearing P, Ward CB, Gnatenko DV, Wimmer E, Mueller S, Skiena S, Bahou WF.
- Live attenuated influenza virus vaccines by computer-aided rational design. Nat Biotechnol.
Mueller S, Coleman JR, Papamichail D, Ward CB, Nimnual A, Futcher B, Skiena S, Wimmer E.
- Synthetic viruses: a new opportunity to understand and prevent viral disease. Nat Biotechnol.
Wimmer E, Mueller S, Tumpey TM, Taubenberger JK.
- Putting synthesis into biology: a viral view of genetic engineering through de novo gene and genome synthesis. Chem. Biol.
Mueller S, Coleman JR, Wimmer E.
- Virus attenuation by genome-scale changes in codon pair bias. Science
Coleman JR, Papamichail D, Skiena S, Futcher B, Wimmer E, Mueller S.
- Reduction of the rate of poliovirus protein synthesis through large-scale codon deoptimization causes attenuation of viral virulence by lowering specific infectivity. J. Virol
Mueller S, Papamichail D, Coleman JR, Skiena S, Wimmer E.